Saturday, November 14, 2009

October: Techno Day

The last home football game of my high school career, on Hallow's Eve, versus our biggest rival.

A gifted poet (ahem, myself) described the game as, “playing monopoly on a rollercoaster with a screamo band.” For normal people, that means it went into double overtime, the teams were neck and neck the entire time, and the crowd was going absolutely berserk. In the end, our school came out the victor with a score of 49-42, but not without casualties. I destroyed my vocal chords and lost my sanity in the process. Here’s to another 17 years of straight victories.

But perhaps more importantly, this date also marked Techno Day. I donned a platinum wig, cyborg glasses, and shiny leggings and paraded around as Lady Gaga for 8 hours. It was a great day.


I must say the rest of the seniors had a dismal showing of school spirit on this day.


Three best friends from elementary school and some random dude.


My friends are officers on the dance team. They performed "Thriller."


After the game. Take note of the extraordinarily fashionable beanies.

No comments:

Post a Comment