Friday, November 13, 2009

October: HUMANIOD

Well, my dreams, aspirations, interests, and life can be summed up in two words: Tokio Hotel. If you are not familiar with these words: No, this is not some vacationer’s inn in the capital of Japan. It’s a band. No, they are not even Japanese. They are all German bred and born. No, the lead singer is not a woman. He’s a man, or an alien, or an android, or a god. [Debatable.] No, he is not related to a porcupine. He’s looking more like Sonic the Hedgehog these days, anyway...

Now that that has been said, perhaps you can imagine my complete and utter joy when Tokio Hotel’s 3rd album, Humanoid, was released in the US on October 6th. (Someone right that down as one of the greatest days in human history. ) Of course, I bought several versions. The album absolutely blew me out of the water. Their sound is different, but just as great as ever. I had the album on repeat for days. My favorites have to be Humanoid, Hey You, Attention, Dark Side of the Sun, Noise, and That Day. I especially love the "hellos" at the beginning of Dark Side of the Sun. I fell out of my chair the first time I heard it and have had some very close calls since. And the warping on some of the words in That Day is wicked. I can’t wait until next year when they come on tour to the US!

Summary: Hell, I love the entire album. If you have been perhaps living under a rock for over a month, GO BUY IT NOW.


Humanoid_album
Love love love love + extra love for the glamdrogynous alien robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment